Comparing Career Choices – First Take
Once you have identified some health care career choices, the next part of career planning is to compare those choices using other criteria such as:
- courses you need to take,
- amount of education/training needed, and
- the schools that offer that education.
Use the chart below as the first step in making these comparisons.
|My Top 3 Health Care Career Choices||HS courses (recommended)||Education/Training Needed for the Job||Schools In MA that offer the degree/certification and where I would be interested in attending|
As you look at the chart above, think about these questions:
- Do (did) you enjoy the high school courses needed for this occupation?
- After completing high school, how much more time do you want to continue going to school?
- Do you want to attend a school that is close to where you live now or farther away?
- Do you want to live at home while attending school or live on campus?