Assist physicians with patient care and office administration. Specific duties may
• recording patients’ vital signs and measurements.
• scheduling appointments.
• coordinating records with insurers, hospitals and labs.
• performing general secretarial and bookkeeping tasks.
• preparing treatment rooms for exams.
• helping operate some medical equipment.
• giving non-intravenous injections and performing venipuncture.
• performing basic laboratory procedures, such as urinalysis and pregnancy tests.
• performing electrocardiography, first aid and CPR.